This is a piece I wrote concerning Riddle - Answering Kagan during her Confirmation Hearings and so we come to now… we are with what was voted in by the collective of legal colleagues of the entirety of the Senate and House of Lawyers, a government for and by the legal establishment...
"McCain got it right on this no-brainier. Only Senators with a gram of dignity would take the same position!
This Ruse of a Nomination is nothing more than a well placed political hack for others to control as she obviously is very much a "yes" person which is evident with her past jobs she's held.
Immediate dismissal is required of Ms. Kagan's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.
1) Her experience in anything to do with a court room is absent.
2) Her "joke' concerning the question that was placed in where she was on Christmas was appalling to me and many. Her response indicates that she only respects herself and her agenda, not to millions of Christians or Jews that she may had offended. The laughter by the "committee" also was right out of a canned sit-com charade!
3) She obviously has a very strong "progressive" (what I call communist) view of the world and how a government is to be used to control the masses. She actually reminds me of a former Soviet Union “Political Officer” or a “Block Commissar” in her character, actions and deeds that include her strong dismay and negative feelings for our military. Remember, a lot of the successful Generals, Officers and NCO's under Stalin's USSR that won the war against the Nazi's where sent to Gulags by these well placed soviet "officials".
4) She has not written anything that is distinguished nor actually litigated or judged which is immensely troubling! I find that she is nothing more than an Academia Elite that has an empirical view from a much pampered Campus Life, which is nowhere near where 99% of the U.S Citizenry is from. I find her to be naive to the real America due to this fact.
5) Many of her replies of the questions by the judicial committee were of confusing riddles with no definitive conclusion of an answer.
6) What we need to have sit at the highest court of the land are people whom are Noble, Dignified, and Honorable, whom have shown great judgment through deeds and actions along with published distinguished writings.
7) Any Senator who votes for her nomination is a fool and is discrediting their integrity and honor as it will be proof they have no moral compass and total disregard for the American citizenry."
Clarence Thomas' wife, and thus Clarence Thomas, stands to gain financially from the repeal of Obamacare. I would call that at least the appearance of impropriety, which is the standard that's set.
Clarence Thomas & Scalia also just attended a dinner sponsored by the law firm that's going to be arguing against Obamacare in front of the Supreme Court. At any level of federal court below the SC (where, again, they are not accountable to any sort of governing body) that would earn serious disciplinary action.
This is the perfect opportunity for the Obama Regime to make history, again. The House should call for Kagan's immediate impeachment and removal from the bench, on the grounds of her dishonesty, ranging from her failure to disclose her work on ObamaCare, to her lie of being impartial, to her refusal to recuse herself from these proceedings. Personally, I'd be looking to charge her with rendering perjurious testimony, during the confirmation hearings, and 18 U.S.C. § 1001. Part of warfare is the psychological, and continually inflicting psychological injuries on Obama, ranging from the repudiation of his un-American, un-Constitutional ObamaCare, to the removal of his czars (like the America-hating Van Jones) and now the unprecedented removal of a sitting Supreme Court judge would leave him reeling and punch drunk. Not the thing he wants, going into an election season that's already slanted against him. The Conservatives need to separate themselves from the Republicans (and on my FaceBook, I've followed suit with Palin and dumped my "Republican" designation for "Conservative") and attack like a pack of rabid dogs. Leave the Republicans to either sit indecisive (and useless) or actually defend Obama; either way, it'll be their political death knell. In the meantime, it'll be a great opportunity to do what the liberals, socialists, communists and various other miscreants finally succeeded in doing to the DNC: we must take over the GOP and change it from within, ejecting the simple Republicans. There is no more room for "big tent" BS. Purge all non-Conservatives, forever. Strike this blow, and get the ball rolling.
Big brother is controlling the media and has 90% of the comments on all media sites creating the perception of public opinion.
This is the real story that the media is not and cannot report on. Here’s what Obama, Osama, Biden, Bin Laden, the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists, and Sarah Palin had to do with the last election and the military’s overthrow of our government.
Whether she recuses or not, the individual mandate has never been expected to survive at the Supreme Court. Further, organizations in favor of the PPACA have called on Justice Thomas to recuse himself as well because of his wife's ties to organizations advocating against the law. According to a recent report, neither is recusing on this case.
It doesn't change the disgusting fact that the weak-kneed Republicans approved her. The time for striking her down has come and gone, just like Obama.
Unfortunately I know that now sDee. I had the same question on my mind as NYGino- and it was posted that they do not have to step down. Now I realize just what kinds of powers the "men in black" have.
She won't recuse - Why should she ?
Why break the pattern this administration has established of "pushing the envelope" of skirting the laws made only for the subjects of the chosen one.
After all - O'bummercare must be good - because the chosen one says it is good for us all
BUT if she does not recuse - all hell should break loose - if not then we will all
know what a bunch of Pansies the Republicans are!
2012 is going to be a very tumultuous year
I predict that "it" will hit the fan from many angles - even from overseas - but who cares - predictions are cheap and soon forgotten
Likely the primary reason the regime leader nominated her to the Supreme Court. To insure the passage of socialism.
Some Republicans voted for Kagan...this is from the Los Angeles Times around the time she was confirmed...
"Kagan is "someone who has worked tirelessly to advance a political ideology -- often at the expense of the law," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said before the vote."
"The final vote came after 12 weeks of consideration and three days of floor debate. To mark the significance of the occasion, senators voted while staying at their desks in the Senate chamber. Republicans supporting Kagan were Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, and Richard G. Lugar of Indiana. Ben Nelson of Nebraska was the only Democrat to oppose her."
No and no. Supreme Court judges are accountable to no disciplinary system (since they are at the top of the legal system) and so they are implored to use their judgment.
If Thomas doesn't recuse himself, I can't imagine she will either. Morally, they probably both should.
Just listening to this on FOX News and as Glenn Beck would say - :Blood is shooting from my eyes!"
When we watched what passed for her confirmation hearings, we all knew she was a political plant for Obama, now it's been proven.
Join the queue behind Eric Holder, Timothy Geithner and_______________(another official to be named after, whatever the scandal is) to resign, step down, quit, whatever.
Is there still a chance she takes herself out of this? Her appointment to the SCOTUS was a joke....and I hated her in Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
The fact alone that she helped with the legal defense for obamanation is reason enough. She needs to be told to step down for this one!